Sunday 28 October 2012

Message & Delivery: Research Crit


I presented my visual research and discussed the potential routes I could go down. Although the article is about the two members of Pussy Riot who are being sent to labour camps I think I want to focus more on the punk protest side of the story, with particular emphasis on the fact that it is feminist based.  I have also been looking into other Russian creatives//artists who have been persecuted by the state in some way for their art. There are a lot of cases of this in Russia and it is interesting that it is Pussy Riot that has been picked up by the world and its media so intensely. We discussed how social media has played such a big part in publicising the story - especially because Pussy Riot are an anonymous band a lot of their self-publication is done via Twitter. Another route to go down might be protest via social media. I think I need to further organise & categorise my research - there are so many potential strands to go down I need to decide which appeals the most to me and which I can gain the most interesting information from.

No comments:

Post a Comment